TOOLS & RESOURCES
Boost your retirement savings and lower your taxes with an Individual Retirement Account
There are two main types of IRAs, each with different advantages:
- Roth IRA: Contributions are taxed up front, but earnings are tax-free
- Traditional IRA: Contributions may be tax deductible and provide immediate tax benefits for those who qualify1
To help you make the right choice, you may want to discuss your options with a CFS* Financial Advisor and consider important factors such as:
- How much time you have until retirement
- Your tax rate—now and projected at retirement
- The amount you currently have invested in tax-deductible IRAs
- Whether you have a company-sponsored retirement plan
Schedule a complimentary consultation online or call 301-249-1800, ext. 314.
Secure a great rate and watch your retirement savings grow with the tax-advantaged option that works best for you.1
- Lock in a competitive rate
- Enjoy predictable growth for a secure future
- Save for retirement
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. NASA Federal Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
1 Please consult a tax advisor.
Which IRA is Best for You? Check out the Contribution Limits!