LOANS & CREDIT
SPECIALIZED OPTIONS FOR YOU
Looking for the right mortgage? Exhausted by the typical pitfalls of the process?
NASA Federal can help. Our $0 DOWN fixed-rate mortgage doesn’t require Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI). This is unique because conventional lenders will require PMI when your down payment is less than 20% of the home purchase. So, now you can concentrate on the things you need for your new home – instead of a down payment.
NASA Federal makes financing a home fast and easy
What you need to know about this mortgage option:
It's available for a primary residence purchase or refinance. Some exclusions apply.***
NEW OPTION! Family Mortgage
Now, young adults with limited resources can take advantage of their parents’ financial qualifications.
Here’s how it works:
Ready to finance your next home? Still want to learn more?
If you’re ready to apply, simply click on “Apply Now” on this page. If you’d like to discuss your home financing options with a Mortgage Loan Specialist, call 301-249-1800, or fill out the form on this page.
*Membership and eligibility required. Special loan programs offered to well-qualified applicants. Some restrictions may apply. Offers valid for primary residences only. Special Loan Programs are limited time offers and can end at any time without advance notice. Speak with a NASA Federal First Mortgage Loan Specialist for loan details and rates. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
- All circumstances resulting in a missed closing date must have been under the control of NASA Federal and not processing delays associated with third party approvals and/or service providers or applicant time delays in providing prompt and complete information and documents as requested.
- If subordinate financing (a second mortgage or HELOC in conjunction with a first mortgage) is needed / being utilized, only subordinate financing with NASA Federal will continue eligibility under this Guaranteed Closing Date program.
- Contract closing date must be at least forty (40) days from the date NASA Federal receives both a complete application and a copy of a fully executed contract to purchase.
- Borrowers must supply all information and documentation within two business days (Monday – Friday) of the request by a NASA Federal representative.
- Appraisal appointments must be accepted by the sellers or their representative for the earliest available scheduled day and time from the assigned appraiser. Any cancellation or no-show by the sellers at the agreed upon day and time will void the NASA Federal guarantee.
- NASA Federal must be in receipt of the non-refundable appraisal fee within three business days (Monday – Friday) of either the borrower’s acceptance of the Good Faith Estimate of Closing Costs (GFE) or after three business days from the date of the GFE being sent to the borrowers.
- If a closing date is missed by NASA Federal, a lender credit of $1,000 will be applied toward usual and customary closing costs and prepaids only. If seller paid (per the contract) closing costs and prepaids result in less than $1,000 remaining in borrower costs, NASA Federal will only provide a lender credit for the amount remaining. Cash back to borrowers is not allowed.
- To ensure we provide the service level expected by all parties and depending on the application volume at any given time, NASA Federal may end this promotion for new applications without notice and then reinstate the promotion at a later date. All purchase money applications received while this promotion is in effect will qualify for the Closing Date Guarantee.
***Programs only available in the following designated areas: CO, CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, MN, NC, NH, OR, PA, RI, TX (new purchases only), VA, VT, WA & WV.